For complete downloadable bio, click here.
Clients think of me as their trusted “guide on the side” supporting them to break through personal and professional challenges so they can put their new found clarity to work in making a difference.
Since graduating from Michigan State University with majors in Employment Relations and Psychology, I have been driven by a passion for helping people enjoy the freedom to express their unique talents and achieve their highest potential. I work hard every day to experience that freedom myself, and know how much effort it takes. Many teachers, coaches and therapists have been my guides and I feel privileged to work with each leader and team who trust me to be theirs.
The success of an Executive Coach should be determined by ones track record of delivering coaching services that help clients achieve intended business outcomes. I am proud of my track record and the strong client partnerships I’ve created since I started executive coaching in 1996. Check out some Success Stories. My coach training, core values and practices uphold the standards of the International Coaching Federation.
After college, I gained 10 years of business experience through various roles in sales, marketing, and human resources within private industry, for Westin and Omni Hotels, and for entrepreneurial enterprises. An insatiable quest to understand what makes humans “tick” landed me in the human potential field. Initially I coached downsized executives to reconstruct their career paths and lives, and by 1996, found my way to executive coaching field –and haven’t looked back.
Variety and life-long learning are threads woven throughout the tapestry of my career. I have trained managers in state-of-the-art learning centers for Ford Motor Company and DTE Energy; Worked with leading edge thought leaders like Beverly Kaye, whose ground breaking book at the time, “Up Is Not the Only Way”, helped change career management paradigms. I’ve been privy to the inner workings of companies that make our breakfast cereal, recliners we watch football in, medical devices that heal people, and parts that make our cars run. I’ve worked with leaders on the plant floor to the board room.
In addition to working with my own Ring Results clients, I’ve been honored to be an Executive Coach on the teams of impressive global professional firms like Paragon Leadership International, Lee Hecht Harrison Knightsbridge, Juice, Inc., BPI International (formerly the Derson Group), Walsh College, and others. Each experience added knowledge about business, leadership and teamwork to my plate.
I enthusiastically invest countless hours in continuous education each year to keep abreast of the most advanced knowledge in the human performance field.
My personal development journey has inspired my coaching approach to include a unique blend of modern and ancient wisdom, knowledge, and tools.
- Behavioral Focus: Behavior as defined by what leaders say and do defines their results. To guide clients on their journey to self-awareness and developing new leadership behaviors, I have relied on the powerful and accurate assessments developed by Management Research Group (MRG) since 2002.
- Neuroscience Focus: I won’t claim to be a neuroscientist, but my curiosity for better understanding how people change led me to complete a Certificate in the Foundations of Neuroscience from the Neuroleadership Institute in 2014.
- Personality Focus: I have conducted extensive research on personality theory focused on the Enneagram Personality System since 2002 and am an accredited teacher by the International Enneagram Association. Both the Enneagram and neuroscience offer deep insight into how motivations, emotions and biology drive behavior which is vital knowing how to changing behavior.
- Mindfulness Focus: Since 2005, I have been an avid yoga practitioner and student of mindfulness practices. All the current research continues to point us back to the power of the breath and body as essential components for creating transformation change.
- Additional certifications and training: Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC). Certified and trained in numerous assessments including: Myers Briggs, DiSC, Management Resources Group and Lominger 360-degree behavioral leadership assessments.
A few ways I have worked to give back and make a difference include starting Yoga Moves MS ,a therapeutic yoga program for people with Multiple Sclerosis to help them live better. I launched a Young Adult Enneagram Group, a non-profit career accelerator for young professionals in Austin. I was the co-facilitator for five years of Detroit’s Exec-U-Net Chapter, Co-Founder and Chair of Job Summit: The New World of Work Job Summit I, II and III. I currently facilitate a CEO Peer Roundtable for the Austin Chamber of Commerce.